Give your home a fresh look by doing a few simple things! After the spring rush, summer tends to be a slower selling season, but by taking these steps you may be able to catch a buyer's eye.
1. Keep window coverings open to make the home appear light & bright:
This incredible penthouse suite offers 2 master suites and offers a light and bright floor plan. The light colored floors, ceilings, & walls create an open feel, especially when all the plantation shutters are open to allow more natural light.
2. Clean up the patio - add pillows to outdoor furniture, create a welcoming outdoor living area, de-clutter, dust, and sweep:
The beautiful estate at 2 Green Park Drive overlooks a picturesque green belt. This home showcases outdoor living at its finest with a cozy sitting area, multiple sets of tables & chairs for outside dining, an outdoor fireplace, and several potted plants to bring in pops of color.
3. Keep outdoor toys organized - you want buyers to see the yard:
2804 Shelton shows off an organized, neat backyard. With a clean, manicured yard, buyers are sure to notice the large play area! Additional features of this backyard include covered & open patios, lush landscaping, sparkling pool & spa, and board-on-board fence.
4. Swap out fall decor for spring & summer accents - put away heavy blankets and add bright colored pillows:
This gorgeous transitional home features walls of windows overlooking lush landscaping, an open floor plan, and a spacious living room with bright pillows to add a splash of color!
5. Bring in nature - add flowers (try to avoid artificial flowers, they can collect dust):
The fresh flowers in the dining room of 5805 Bent Oak complement the view of lush greenery. Despite the clean lines and contemporary design, the flowers offer a softer, more natural feel. Adding fresh flowers is the most inexpensive way to liven up a room!
6. Bright & neutral paint colors:
Although this kitchen is a "new neutral" color, gold, the cabinetry provides a nice neutral background and allows for bright accent colors elsewhere in the kitchen. The multi-colored slate, exotic granite, hand painted ceiling, and colorful bottles create the perfect balance of sophistication and fun.
7. Get rid of clutter:
Organize & clean the garage, clean out closets, and make the most of your storage space! This oversized walk-in closet is the perfect example of maximizing storage space.
Other helpful hints for staging in summer:
- Keep the air conditioner on, if the house is a comfortable temperature, buyers are more likely to stick around.
- If you have a dark dining room table, place a light colored runner over it, this will help brighten up the room.
- Have your windows cleaned professionally. Dirty windows stand out, and although professional window cleaning can be expensive, it makes a huge difference!
Posted by Lauren Martinez in Helpful Hints, Fresh Features