Inspired by an article on Owning the Fence, we've gathered some of the most beautiful bedrooms to go along with tips on how to create a serene space for sleeping. Here are some helpful hints to make your bedroom decor more relaxing, inviting, and super comfortable.
1) Keep it simple: By utilizing soft colors such as pale blue and white, you can have a soothing atmosphere and the perfect space to escape to after a long day. 7825 Oak Point Drive in Frisco features a beautiful master suite with a soft light blue color scheme, neutral accents, and comfy sitting area.
2. Mix complementary patterns: Add different patterns in the same color family to create visual interest, but stay away from clashing too many patterns & colors - you might end up with a more of a chaotic space than a relaxing one. 8501 Cross Timbers Road in Flower Mound offers the perfect example of blending unique patterns. The rug pattern complements the pillows on the bed without competing with them. Other fabulous features of this room include rich hand scraped wood floors, wall of windows overlooking the lush grounds, and separate sitting area/office with a door to a private spa.
3. Pile on the pillows: Not only do pillows provide an interesting focal point to a bedroom, they are an inexpensive way to make a room look ultra luxurious. Who wouldn't want to dive in to a bed full of pillows? 17603 Cedar Creek Canyon Drive presents a wonderful example of what a glamorous master suite should look like: beautiful bedding, warm wall color, sitting area, private patio access, fireplace, and of course: perfect pillows.
4. Practice creative furniture placement: Mix it up! Don't be afraid to arrange furniture in a unique way. 5512 Seapines Drive is the perfect example of unexpected arrangement. These homeowners placed their bed up against the bay window (an area typically used for a sitting area), allowing a huge space for a living area. Additional features include a fireplace, coffee bar, hand scraped wood floor, tiered ceiling, and plantation shutters.
5. Take a seat: Adding a sitting area can create a more inviting atmosphere, and creates the ideal space for reading or quiet time. 17711 Cedar Creek Canyon Drive in Dallas offers a huge master suite - the sitting area overlooks the backyard oasis with pool, play yard & creek. Other desirable features of this room include a warm color scheme, fireplace, private pool access, elegant crown molding, and tiered ceiling.
It doesn't take much to turn your bedroom into a private getaway in your own home. By using soft colors and complementary patterns, adding pillows, rearranging furniture, or creating a sitting area, you will never want to leave your master retreat!
Posted by Lauren Martinez in Helpful Hints, Fresh Features